3D Systems DMP Factory 500 Solution
Derived from 3D Systems’ proven metal additive manufacturing technology, the DMP Factory 500 Solution is engineered for uniform, repeatable part quality, and high productivity in metal 3D printing with a low total cost of operations (TCO). This printer is a workflow optimized solution for massive scalability, repeatable high-quality parts, high throughput, and low total cost of operations.
Modularity for a Scalable Factory Solution
The DMP Factory 500 Solution is comprised of function-specific modules designed to maximize efficiency by optimizing utilization. Each module within the factory solution is fully integrated with a Removable Print Module (RPM) which is vacuum sealable for a controlled print environment and engineered to move between printer and powder modules for continuous production workflow.
Printer modules are designed for ongoing, 24/7 printing of parts. Powder Management Modules (PMMs) are designed to efficiently depowder parts on build platforms and automatically recycle unused powder materials to prepare the RPM for the next build.
Configure your factory set up with the optimum number and type of modules you need to meet your production workflow needs.
Seamless Large Parts
The intelligent laser configuration and 3DXpert software-driven scan technology of the DMP Factory 500 Solution enable the production of seamless large parts the size of the full build volume. This results in the highest surface quality for metal 3D printed parts with outstanding material properties.
Uniform, Repeatable Quality
When it comes to production, repeatable part quality is essential. The RPM of the DMP Factory 500 provides consistent powder control, batch after batch to deliver scalable metal additive manufacturing. Featuring a vacuum chamber to ensure the lowest O2 content, the DMP Factory 500 printer module provides high-quality 3D printed metal parts. Powder waste is eliminated, as the vacuum chamber guarantees consistent high material quality, sufficient to be used again and again.
With a large build volume (500 x 500 x 500 mm) and high throughput enabled by multiple lasers, the DMP Factory 500 Solution delivers high productivity in metal additive manufacturing. Paired with its modular design, scaling production is straightforward through the installation of the additional metal printer and powder modules.
Metal powder bed fusion (MPBF)
- Metric: 500 x 500 x 500 mm
- US: 19.69 x 19.69 x 19.69 inches
Powder (SLS, SLM): With the powder printing process, the printer heats up to just near the melting point of whatever powder material you choose. Based on your model, a very fine layer of this powder is then spread layer upon layer, while a laser beam focuses on sintering together the necessary areas that will create the object.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) materials are supplied in powdered forms. During manufacturing process these powders are fused by a pulsed laser beam. This allows creation of durable parts with complicated geometries and can be used to obtain early prototypes, wind tunnel models or casting patterns. Resulting parts have porous surfaces, but this can be fixed with finishing if needed. SLS is rather expensive, as it is necessary to maintain strict temperatures throughout fabrication phases. SLS is used for prototyping and small batch production of functional plastic parts with good mechanical properties.
- DMLS/SLM or direct metal laser sintering differs from SLS mostly by ability to control the porous properties of produced parts as material is not burning fused but rather melted into homogeneous structures. SMLS/SLM produces high performance, end-use metal 3D printed parts for applications in aerospace, automotive, industrial and medical. Selective Laser Melting (SLM) Selective Laser Melting (SLM) uses a laser to scan and selectively fuse metal powder particles, bonding them together layer-by-layer.
- Uses Direct Metal Printing (DMP) technology
- Build volume (W x D x H): 500 x 500 x 500 mm(20.7 x 20.7 x 20.7 in) –height inclusive of build plate
- Unique vacuum chamber concept (O2< 25ppm)
- Quick-swap removable print modules
- Fast bi-directional powder deposition
Why Buy From CAD/CAM Services?
We are one of the only full function Reverse engineering firms in the US. This has given us a very different look on the market for the newest technologies how items are used & produced, along with an unbiased opinion.
- 3D scanning
- Industrial 3D CT scanning
- 3D CAD Engineering Simulation & 3D Design Services
- Generative Design & 3D Print Optimization
- Additive Manufacturing Print Services
- And the sale of the world’s finest 3D printers
- Hewlett Packard Jet Fusion
- Big Rep
- Shining 3D – including metal
- Stratasys – including metal
- 3 Your Mind Enterprise for Additive Manufacturing