The Ultimaker 2+ is a desktop 3D printer made by Ultimaker. This printer offers a very high 3D resolution of 20 microns and uses a 2.85 – 3 mm diameter filament (less common than 1.75 mm).
The Ultimaker 2+ offers a very high 3D printing resolution of 20 microns and uses 2.85 – 3 mm diameter filament (less common than 1.75 mm).
- Semi-closed frame: this printer protects 3D prints compared to open-framed 3D printers, leaving room for monitoring with an open front side.
- Innovative extruding system: the motor driving the filament to the hot end is not positioned on the moving head, but next to the filament spool, on the back of the 3D printer. On the extruder, airflows have been optimized for smoother 3D prints.
- Swappable nozzles: the nozzle is easily removed and replaced. There are several sizes are available including 0.25, 0.4, 0.6, and 0.8 mm for all kinds of 3D print jobs
- Adjustable gear strength: the gear strength can be adjusted to fit the 3D filament’s properties, offering better 3D print quality at high moving speeds.
- Heated print bed: the 2+ allows printing with PLA, ABS or CPE (also called UPET).
- PLA, Other plastics, ABS
- Metric: 223 x 223 x 305 mm
- US: 8.8 x 8.8 x 12 inches
Extrusion (FFF, FDM…)
- FFF– Fused filament fabrication
- FDM is the most popular and available 3D printing process and is mainly used for lower-priced prototyping and design verification with very fast turn times. FDM or filament deposition manufacturing is the most common type of rapid prototyping technologies. Materials are supplied in the form of filaments which are melted into thin threads which are deposited layer by layer firmly fusing with each other. Infill percentage can be adjusted, so resulting parts can have variety of densities. It is not recommended to machine FDM produced parts. It has some geometrical restrictions as due to influence of gravity as supportive material needs to be added to bridges and hanging regions of parts produced this way.
|Technology||Extrusion (FFF, FDM…)|
|Material||PLA, Other plastics, ABS|
|Filament diameter||2.85 mm|
|OS compatibility||Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Linux|
Why Buy From CAD/CAM Services?
We are one of the only full function Reverse engineering firms in the US. This has given us a very different look on the market for the newest technologies how items are used & produced, along with an unbiased opinion.
- 3D scanning
- Industrial 3D CT scanning
- 3D CAD Engineering Simulation & 3D Design Services
- Generative Design & 3D Print Optimization
- Additive Manufacturing Print Services
- And the sale of the world’s finest 3D printers
- Hewlett Packard Jet Fusion
- Big Rep
- Shining 3D – including metal
- Stratasys – including metal
- 3 Your Mind Enterprise for Additive Manufacturing